Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Final Project

I was inspired by the painting, "Big Ben" by Derain. This painting used bright clashing colors with expressive brushstrokes to distort reality. Big Ben is a nick name  for the Great Bell of the clock at the north end of the Palace of Westminster in London. Big Ben is a British Cultural icon, like how our Newburgh Beacon Bridge is a prominent beauty point in the Hudson Valley. I want to paint this landscape with a mix of water colors and acrylic paint. I was planning on using water colors on the sky and the water, while acrylic on the bridge.  I want to use clashing colors with abstract brushstrokes to emphasize the water and the sky. I either want to take a picture from slightly under the bridge, or on the walkway of the bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment