Thursday, November 17, 2016

Final Project

Claude Monet - Water Lilies, 1919
Claude Monet - Water Lilies, 1919
A painter I like is Monet because of the simplicity and depth of his paintings. They aren't entirely detailed to look realistic, but you understand what they are. For my final project I am thinking of doing a landscape picture (maybe of the ocean) with this type of style.

OR

Leyster Tulip
Tulip by Judith Leyster, 1643
I like this painting because of the simplicity of it, but the detail within the painting. So basically the opposite of the other piece by Monet. I was thinking of doing a flower painting but wasn't quite sure how, and I like this idea of a single flower across the entire canvas with a lot of negative space so the main focus is on the flower. 

No comments:

Post a Comment