Monday, September 26, 2016

Zeng Fanzhi "Blue" (2015)

Initially I was drawn to "Blue" by Zeng Fanzhi. I like the use of multiple different blues from dark navy to light turquoise.I think the branches were painted with a lot of detail and carful precision. I like how you don't really know what is in the background and it kind of lets the viewer choose what they see. To me it looks like the refection of the water with white fluffy clouds. This painting is so wonderful because it was done on a canvas with oil paint. I think his great detail to blending was made easier by the oil paints he used; however it made the time it took to paint this painting much longer. He highlights and draws the viewers attention to the center of the painting by darkening the edges of the painting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment