Thursday, September 8, 2016



This painting was created in year 532-537. The name of the painting is unclear to me but the book says its called Anthemius of Tralles and Isodorus of Miletus, "Hagia Sophia". This painting is located in Constantinople which is known today as Istanbul and Turkey. This painting has been used throughout generations as a base for architechs to recreate cathedrals that look similar to this one. This painting was being recreated as actual cathedrals during the time and place of the Byzantine Empire in Europe. This culture was very influenced by art so I assume this painting was a great deal at that time. I think the painting is very well done in detail. I would like to know what the sign is in the top right of the painting, I would guess it is a Byzantine symbol.

No comments:

Post a Comment