Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Mona Lisa

      Leonardo Da Vinci's "Mona Lisa," was painted through the years of 1503-1506. It is known as the worlds most famous portrait, not because she is famous, but because it set the standard for High Renaissance paintings in many ways. It is also the most reproduced image in all of art, in 1952 there was more than 61 versions created. It is also very famous because of its use of perspective, anatomy and composition.
      I chose this painting because everyone knows it and because I was in France a couple of months ago. When in France I went to the Louvre and the line to see the "Mona Lisa" was so incredibly long. I got a glimpse of the portrait and it was not what I had expected at all. It was smaller than what I imagined it to be and people were just going crazy over it. I could not believe the amount of people crowded around the small portrait. The Mona Lisa is obsessed over throughout the world, and it is very beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment