Monday, October 3, 2016

Zeng Fanzhi's "Yet To be Titled"



"Yet to be Titled" drew my attention because of the twisted landscape it depicted, the various shades of red, and, of course, the lack of a proper title. The picture was painted using oil paints on a canvas back in 2013, but Fanzhi apparently never gave it a proper name. The landscape drew my attention because of the shades of black and green used to create the forest gave it a wild, overgrown look, despite the precise, smooth strokes used to create the up close branches. The various shades of red drew my attention because of how ominous they made the sky look while also drawing your attention to the lower half of the canvas. Overall, this picture gave me one of those horror story feelings, but I still found it to be enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment