Thursday, October 27, 2016

Flower Still Life, 1669 by Maria van Oosterwijck

This painting was done by Maria van Oosterwijck. This is an oil on canvas painting and was done in 1669. In the painting you obviously flowers which represented the nature of human life, and you could also see a fly on the table which represents decay and the butterflies which represent resurrection or the fragility of life. I chose this painting because the dark background caught my eye because it really makes the flowers pop and stand out which makes it so beautiful. I also love how Oosterwijck incorporated the fly and butterflies, and I also love how dark the blue is on the top flower but it somehow still stands out with the black background, as well as the white and pink flowers. Look forward to painting my version of it

No comments:

Post a Comment